What to Do if There Is a Warrant for Your Arrest

After posting bail in Upper Marlboro or the surrounding areas, you will be required to abide by the conditions of your bail bond. If you miss a court date or violate another condition of your bail bond, then your bail can be revoked and the judge may issue a warrant for your arrest. If this happens, it’s important to take immediate action to prevent the situation from getting worse. Instead of waiting for the bail bond agent or for police officers to detain you, you should contact a criminal defense attorney right away.

Your defense attorney can discuss the matter with the local law enforcement agency and/or with your bail agent. In some cases, you may be able to avoid repercussions. For example, you might have missed a court date because you were knocked unconscious during a car accident and woke up in the hospital. In other cases, your attorney may arrange for you to turn yourself in.

arrest - warrant